Dr. Deepthi Raghuram is an expert in Fetal Medicine in Bengaluru with 6 years’ work experience. She has presented several research papers that have appeared in prestigious journals.
- MBBS, MMC, Madurai
- DNB (OBG), Southern Railway Headquarters, Chennai
- Fellowship (Fetal Medicine), Mediscan, Chennai
- Consultant (OBG), Joseph, Chennai
- Consultant (OBG), CSI Kalyani Multispeciality, Chennai
- Fetal imaging in High-risk Obstetrics including multiple gestations
- Fetal interventions
- Genetic counseling
Research & Publications
- MisgavLadachCesarean and Conventional Caesarean – A Randomized Control Trial, Southern Railway Headquarter’s Hospital, Chennai, India.
- Compared the maternal and neonatal outcomes in 250 patients, randomized into treatment and control groups, over a study period of 1 year and 9 months, as a part of the dissertation submitted to the National Board of Examinations.
- Classified, interpreted, and analyzed the primary and secondary endpoints. Through statistical analysis, identified a significant reduction in operative time, intra-operative blood loss, and time to post-operative recovery, among patients who underwent caesarean section by the modified MisgavLadach technique.
- Assessment of Myocardial Performance Index (Mpi) In Mcda Twin Pregnancies WithTtts Undergoing Selective Fetal Laser Photocoagulation (Sflp) – Mediscan Systems, Chennai, India.
- Recipient heart of Twin-Twin transfusion syndrome (TTTS) is being exposed to dynamic pressure changes resulting in cardiomyopathy. Cardiac functional assessment as evidenced by myocardial performance index showed considerable increase in twin pregnancies complicated by TTTS.
- Post procedure, there is a significant fall in MPI, indicating dramatic improvement following ablation of anastomosing vessels. However, there was no relationship between MPI and outcome in these pregnancies. Hence, a robust technique for evaluation of cardiac function needs to be developed in the future.
Certifications and Training:
- Fellowship in Fetal Medicine, Mediscan Systems