Dr. Giridhar Venkatesh, one of the best Urologists in Bengaluru, has over 15 years’ experience. He contributes to several medical publications and has made presentations at various conferences. He has kept himself abreast with the latest developments in the field of urology and has added advanced skills to his urological repertoire. He has acquired additional training in laparoscopic urology and is specialized in endourological management of kidney stone diseases. He has many publications to his credit.
- MBBS, BMS, Bengaluru
- MS (General Surgery ), AIIMS, New Delhi
- MCh (Urology) , Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- Consultant-Urologist, Sparsh, Bengaluru
- Consultant-Urologist, Vasavi, Bengaluru
- Specialist-Urologist, NMC, Dubai
- Consultant-Urologist, Dr. Malathi Manipal, Bengaluru
- Assistant Professor - Urology, KMCH, Manipal
- Renal Transplantation
- Basic diagnostic and therapeutic lower urinary tract procedures – cysto / urethroscopies, biopsy, intravesical procedures like injections / ureterocele incisions
- TURP / TURBT / Bladder Calculi removal (cystoscopic and Percutaneous)
- Upper tract procedures
- Ureteroscopy – Rigid and flexible
- RIRS with Holmium Laser for calyceal calculi
- PCNL, including Supracostal punctures, multi-tract PCNL, Simultaneous bilateral, Ultrasound guided punctures, Laparoscopic guided punctures
- Ureteric reimplantation
- Posterior Urethral Valve fulguration Laparoscopy
- Transperitoneal laparoscopy – Nephrectomy, Pyeloplasty, Orchidopexy. Renal cyst excision / marsupialisation
Research & Publications
- Giridhar V, Kumar S, chethan K, Seetharam P. Successful palliation of diarrhea owing to malignant duodenocolic fistula by octreotide. Can J Surg 2009 Dec; 52(6): E306-308.
- V. Giridhar, P. Kumar, K. Natarajan & P. Hegde. :Vaginal Evisceration Following Anterior Pelvic Exenteration.The Internet Journal of Oncology. 2010.Volume 7 Number 1.
- Giridhar V, Natarajan K, Hegde P. Migration of forgotten stent into renal pelvis. Indian J Urol. 2011 Apr; 27(2):282-3.
- Giridhar V, Kumar PB, Natarajan K, Hegde P. Testicular Leiomyosarcoma with Metastasis. Indian J Urology 2011 Apr; 27(2):278-9.
- Bhirud P, Giridhar V, Hegde P. Midureteric Knotted Stent Removed by Percutaneous Acess! Urol Ann. 2012 May;4(2):106-7.
- Pillai SB, Hegde P, Venkatesh G, Iyyan B. Ureteral injury after posterior lumbar discectomy with interbody screw fixation. BMJ Case Rep. 2013 Oct 8;2013. pii: bcr2013200383. doi: 10.1136/bcr-2013-200383.
- Pillai S, Mishra D, Sharma P, Venkatesh G, Chawla A, Hegde P, Thomas J. Tubeless simultaneous bilateral percutaneous nephrolithotomy: Safety, feasibility and efficacy in an Indian setting. Int J Urol. 2014 May;21(5):497-502. doi: 10.1111/iju.12352. Epub 2013 Nov 28.
- “Rare Bladder Tumours” – Poster Presentation in State Urological Conference (KUACON – 2008)
- “Ileal Ureter – a series of 11 cases” - in National Urological Conference (USICON) in 2009, Indore Madhya Pradesh
- “Single system Ureterocele disproportionate” Poster Presentation in National Urological Conference (USICON) 2009, Indore, Madhya Pradesh.
- Symposium on “Medical Management of Vesicoureteral Reflux” – South Zone Urological Society Conference (SZUSICON 2010) – Belgaum, Karnataka.
- “Recent Trends in the Management of Erectile Dysfunction” – Presentation in NMC Urocare CME – April 2015, Al Ain, UAE.
- “Management of Complicated Urinary Tract Infections” – Presentation in NMC Urocare CME – October 2015, Dubai, UAE
Affiliations & Memberships
- Urological Society of India
- Association of South Indian Urologists
- International Continence Society
- Devon’s traveling fellowship for the best Urology Resident in the state of Karnataka in 2008