Dr. Krishna Chaitanya is one of the most renowned Neurosurgeons in Bengaluru with 12+ years of experience. He has performed over 6000 surgeries. His expertise lies in brain-related surgeries such as Tumor Surgery, Deep Brain Stimulation, Vascular surgery for spine, and the Correction of Cranio - vertebral junction disorders. He contributes to several prestigious journals.
- MBBS, JIPMER, Pondicherry
- MS (General Surgery) , JIPMER, Pondicherry
- MCh (Neurosurgery), SMS Medical College, Jaipur
- Senior Consultant-Neurosurgery, Brains Hospital, Bengaluru
- Consultant- Neurosurgery, Sagar Hospitals, Bengaluru
- Consultant- Neurosurgery, Apollo Hospitals, Bengaluru
- Associate Consultant-Nurosurgery, Apollo Hospitals, Bengaluru
- Consultant-Brain & Spine Surgery, BGS Global Hospitals, Bengaluru
- Consultant-Brain & Spine Surgery, Fortis Hospital, Bengaluru
- Performed all kinds of neurosurgical procedures.
- Posterior fossa approaches for vestibular schwannoma, cerebellum tumours, for lateral approaches for foramen magnum lesions, micro-vascular decompression of the 5th nerve, anterior skull based-approaches.
- Vascular surgeries like aneurysmal clipping, AVM excision, Carotid endarterectomy
- Spine surgeries for degenerative conditions such as microdiscectomies, fusion procedures for cervical and lumbar, disc arthroplasties, minimally invasive spinal surgeries, traumatic spine conditions, deformity correction like kyphosis and scoliosis
- Correction of Craniovertebral junction disorders
- Endovascular procedures including therapeutic interventions like carotid stenting for icastenosis, coiling for aneurysms, embolization of AVM and dural av fistula and diagnostic endovascular procedures.
- Assisted in endoscopic procedures like endoscopic third ventriculostomy, and trans- nasal pituitary tumor excisions.
- Other Procedures -Vascular Neurosurgery, Skull Base Neurosurgery, Complex Spine Surgery and Endovascular Surgery
- Approximately 6000 procedures performed so far including Brain, Spine, Peripheral Nerve and Endovascular procedures
Research & Publications
Pursued thesis in the “Effect of near infra-red radiation on wound healing”
- Case reports - Post traumatic Intradiploic cysts, CP angle lipomas, Penetrating Injuries to the spine, Recurrent spinal hydatidoses
- Bilateral Transplantation of Allogenic Adult Human Bone Marrow-Derived Mesenchymal Stem Cells into the Subventricular Zone of Parkinson’s Disease: A Pilot Clinical Study
Affiliations & Memberships
- Indian Society of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery
- Neurological Surgeon Society of India
- Neurological Society of India
- Attended “spine instrumentation in deformity correction training” at Gangnam
Severance Hospital, Korea
- Attended “spine instrumentation in deformity correction training” at Gangnam Severance Hospital, Korea
Non- Neurosurgical Academic Pursuits
- Quantum Mechanics
- Currently exploring objective ways of treating diseases of the spine using “finite element
- Exploring mathematical basis in the workings of the brain