Dr. Prasad B Antapur is an Orthopaedic Surgeon in Bengaluru with 19 years’ experience .His specialization are Sports injuries to the Knee, Lower Limb Primary and Revision Arthroplasty and General Trauma. He has carried out in excess of 4000 Joint Replacements and ACL. He has several research papers to his credit and attends seminars and conferences in India and International.
- MBBS, GMC, Gulbarga
- MRCS ,Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- F.R.C.S (Trauma & Orth), Intercollegiate Specialty Board, Royal College of Surgeons, UK
- 19+ years
- Senior Consultant (Orthopedics Surgeon), HOSMAT , Bengaluru.
- Consultant Surgeon(Orthopedics Surgeon),United Lincolnshire NHS Trust, Lincoln.
- Consultant Surgeon, Lincoln County Hospital, Lincolnshire
Areas of Interest
- Key Hole Hip replacements
- Primary and Revision Hip Replacements
- Unicompartmental, Total and Revision Knee Replacements,
- Complex Periprosthetic fractures
- Sports injuries to knee, including ACL and PCL reconstructions.
- General Trauma
- Sports Injuries to Knee- Meniscal Repairs,ACL and PCL reconstructions
- Knee Replacement including Patient Specific Implants
- Gender Specific Replacements and Hiflex knee Replacements.
- Unicompartmental Knee Replacments
- Knee injuries and arthroscopic ACL reconstructions
- Revision Hip and Knee replacements
- Key Hole Hip Replacements
- General Trauma
Research & Publications
- CLINICAL AND RADIOGRAPHIC RESULTS OF BIOBALL IN REVISION HIP ARTHROPLASTY, RESULTS FROM A SINGLE CENTRE’, Accepted for publication.Journal of Orthopaedics.
- ‘COMPARISON OF TWO TFMT STEMS USED IN REVISION HIP SURGERY, RESULTS FROM A SINGLE CENTRE’Journal of Orthopaedics
- RING-FENCED ARTHROPLASTY UNIT: THE NEED OF THE HOUR DURING WINTER AND A PANDEMIC CRISIS’, British Journal of Surgery
- LATE MEDIAL MIGRATION OF LAG SCREW THREATENING ILIAC VESSELS, A RARE COMPLICATION’, JBJS Case Connector
- TOPICAL APPLICATION OF TRANEXAMIC ACID REDUCES POST OPERATIVE BLEEDING IN TOTAL KNEE ARTHROPLASTY’ Short Review article, Published COA Bulletin.
- FRACTURES IN THE ELDERLY: WHEN IS HIP REPLACEMENT A NECESSITY?’ A Review article, Journal of Clinical Interventions in Aging.
- ALL PATIENTS FOR HIP REPLACEMENT SHOULD HAVE A METAL ON POLY ARTICULATION’ Short Review article, Canadian Orthopedic Association Bulletin
- PROXIMAL FEMORAL GEOMETRY, A RADIOLOGICAL ASSESSMENT, J Arthroplasty.
- PERTHES' DISEASE IN THE VERY YOUNG CHILD. J Pediatr Orthop
- PREDICTING OUTCOME OF LEGG-CALVE-PERTHES’ DISEASE IN CHILDREN UNDER SIX YEARS OLD, J Childrens Orthopaedics
- Senior Faculty, Masters Course, Mumbai
- Hip 360 meeting, Bengaluru
- Karnataka Orthopaedic Association annual meet (KOACON) ‘Superpath Hip Replacement’ Bengaluru
- Cochin International Orthopaedic Summit - ‘Wish I hadn’t operated on this knee’ ‘Surgical factors affecting Enhanced recovery following Knee replacement’
- Indian Arthroplasty Association Webinar- ‘Superpath key hole hip replacement’
- Current Concepts in Joint Replacement- ‘ Setting up Enhanced recovery pathway’ & ‘Day case Joint replacement - a reality?’ -AIIMS, Delhi
- Cochin International Orthopaedic Summit- Metallosis following hip replacement’ & ‘Posterior approach to the hip’
Affiliations & Memberships
- Indian Arthroscopy Society
- Key hole hip replacement https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/local-news/pioneering-key-holesurgery-carried-5443080
- Uk first double key hole hip replacement https://www.granthamjournal.co.uk/news/hospital-performs-uks-firstdouble-keyhole-hip-replacement-9260328/
- Joint replacement service https://www.granthamjournal.co.uk/news/patients-at-grantham-hospitalnow-able-to-have-one-day-knee-replacement-surgery-9100195/
- Pioneering technology http://www.lincolnshireecho.co.uk/Big-Feature-metal-used-NASA-helpingLincolnshire/story-25635416-detail/story.html
Training & Academics
- Fellowship ( Trauma & Orth),University of Alabama, Birmingham
- Fellowship (Joint Replacement), Toroto University