Dr. Rammohan Sripad Bhat is one of the most renowned Nephrologists in Bengaluru with 15 years of experience. He has immense experience in all aspects of Nephrology including Hemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis and Renal Transplantation. He has been trained at various prestigious institutions in India and UK with diverse healthcare settings . His special interests include Hypertension and Interventional Nephrology. He has been instrumental in setting up Interventional Nephrology services at his previous workplaces. He has taught many Nephrologists to place Peritoneal Dialysis Catherter, Tunnelled Hemodialysis Catheter and Ultrasound Guided Renal Biopsy. As a renowned writer he has a number of articles in peer reviewed journals published in national and international publications adding to his credit.
- MBBS, Karnataka University
- MD (General Medicine), Safdarjang Hospital
- MRCP, Edinburg
- MRCP (Nephrology), Federation of RCP, UK
- CCT (Nephrology & GIM), Mersey Deanery, UK
- Consultant - Nephrologist, Narayana Health City, Bengaluru
- Consultant - Acute Medicine, University Hospital, Manchester & Stroke-on-Trent, UK
- Specialist Registrar – Nephrology / Medicine Rotation, Mersey Deanery, Liverpool.
- Ultrasound guided Catheter placement – Temporary and Tunneled Dialysis catheter, Hickman Line, PICC
- Renal Biopsy – Native, Transplant and special circumstances like single kidney, obese patients etc.
- Peritoneal dialysis catheter placement
- Doppler ultrasound of dialysis access and venous mapping
- Dialysis, Renal Biopsy, Renal Transplant
- Participated in the Vascular Access Society Meeting held in Rome, British Transplantation Society
Annual Congress 2011, ERA- EDTA Congress, Munich 2010, Renal Association and British
Transplantation Society Joint Annual Conference 2009 etc.
- Renal Ultrasound Course, Renal Pathology Course at Hammersmith London, Management Course
of Specialist Registrars, UK, Advanced Nephrology Course, Renal Masterclass Course
(Tubulointerstitial diseases), Advanced Nephrology Course, Dialysis Course in London
Research & Publications
- I Moore, R Bhat, N Hoenich, A Kilner, M Prabhu, K Orr, N S Kanagasundaram: A microbiological survey of bicarbonate based replacement circuits in continuous veno-venous haemofiltration. Critical Care Medicine 2009; 37(2):496 -500.
- S. Powell, T. Chan, R. Bhat, K. Lam, R. Nalwar, N. Cullen, P.Littler. A retrospective comparative study of tunneled haemodialysis catheters inserted through occluded or collateral veins versus conventional methods. CVIR 2010; 33(4): 744 – 750
- LR Solomon, JS Cheesbrough, L Ebah, T Al-sayeed, M Heap, N Milliband. D Waterhouse, S Mitra, A Curry, R Saxena, R Bhat, M Schulz, P Diggle. A randomized double-blind controlled trial of taurolidine-citrate catheter locks for the prevention of bacteremia in patients treated with haemodialysis. AJKD June 2010; 55(6): 1060- 1068
- M lmran,R Bhat,H Anijeet. Pneumoperitoneum in peritoneal dialysis patients; one centre’s experience. NDT Plus 2011; 4(2): 120-123”
- Rajvanshi P, Bhat R, Gupta B, Prasad S A Study of Malnutrition in Indian Predialysis Chronic Renal Failure Patients. Abstract 134: JAPI, Vol 51, December 2003.
- P Rajvanahi, R Mohan, RSK Sinha, B Gupta Meningitis in HIV Positive Patients. Abstract 331:JAPI, Vol. 50,January 2002”
- Chandra S, Sharma R, Kapoor A, Hemal AK, Mukhopadhyay S, Bhat R. Sonographic Features of Urinary Tract Tuberculosis. RSNA 1999; Pg 530
- Oral Central Venous Catheter Insertion Through Occluded and Collateral Veins – Techniques and Outcomes. R Bhat,T Chan, S Powell. Venue: Vascular Access Society Meeting 2009, Rome
- Poster BK Virus Associated Nephropathy (BKVAN) Following Renal Transplantation – A Single Centre Experience. A Hakeem, R Bhat. H Sharma, R Penfold, M Howse, G Bell, H Shawki, I Hart, A Hammad, A Sharma, S Mehra. British Transplantation Society Annual Congress 2011.
- Assessment of cardiovascular risk factors and their management In Chronic Kidney Disease Stage Ill and IV population. R Bhat. C Goldsmith, C Wong. ERA- EDTA Congress, Munich 2010.
- Pneumoperitoneum in peritoneal dialysis patients, one centre’s experience. M lmran, R Bhat, H Anijeet. Renal Association and British Transplantation Society Joint Annual Conference 2009
- Regional Assessment of cardiovascular risk factors and their management in Chronic Kidney Disease Stage Ill and IV population. R Bhat, T Powell, A. Dhaygude. Northwest Renal Audit, Manchester, 2009. I presented this regional audit involving five renal units in the North-West of England.
- A microbiological survey of bicarbonate based replacement circuits in continuous veno-venous haemofiltration (CWH).
- A Randomized Double-Blind Controlled Trail of Taurolidine-Citrate Catheter Locks for the Prevention of Bacteremia in Patients Treated With Haemodialysis.
Affiliations & Memberships
- Renal Association
- European Renal Association
- Royal College of Physicians, Edinburgh
- International Society of Nephrology
- Vascular Access Society