Dr. Sreedhara V Setty is a well-known Bariatric Surgeon in Bengaluru with over 19 years’ experience. He has been associated with various prestigious hospitals and clinics. Specialises in Surgical Gastroenterology, Bariatric Surgeries, laparoscopy procedures, General Surgery, gastro intestinal surgery, D&C (Dilation and Curettage). He has contributed to several national and international journals. He has been the principal investigator for various research activities.
- MBBS, MMC, Mysore
- DNB (General Surgery), NBE, New Delhi
- Fellowship (Surgical Gastroenterology), RGUHS
- Consultant, Vikram Jyoth Hospital, Mysore
- Consultant, Kangaroo Care Women & Children Hospital
- Consultant, St. Martha's Hospital
- Senior Consultant, Sparsh Hospital Bangalore
- Surgical Gastroenterology
- Bariatric Surgeries
- Laparoscopy procedures,
- Gastro intestinal surgery
- Mini Port Surgeries
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Colorectal Surgery
- Abdominal surgery
- GI/HPB Surgery
- Liver Surgery
- Hernia Repair Surgery
- Abdominal surgeries including esophagus, stomach, small bowel, colon, liver, pancreas, gall bladder, and bile ducts.
- Renders surgical support services in Gastroenterology, Laparoscopic Surgery, Oncosurgery, and General Surgery with a special interest in converting all possible open surgical procedures to laparoscopy.
- Performed liver tumors on an average of 500-750 patients with the mortality rate being
under one percent.
Research & Publications
- Contributed to several national and international journals.
- Principal investigator for various research activities
Affiliations & Memberships
- International hepato biliary and pancreatology association- Indian chapter
- Surgical society of Bangalore, Association of surgeons of India
Training & Academics
- Fellowship in Surgical Gastroentology - RGUHS